jjfriscia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey all i just dived back into the hobby after a few years apart and after recently running a freshwater tank I had to dive back into the reef game. So reason for this post is I want to meet some new people on Staten Island to share the hobby with and hopefully learn from. Id love to see some new reefs and make some friends.
Jim

jjfriscia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey Mark thanks Im located in the bullshead area. If your ever around or bored always welcome to stop by and check out the setups. That goes for everyone on here. Reef is still cycling but i do have an established freshwater shrimp tank.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First post on here. S.E. Annandale area, I have a Biocube 32 with quite a bit of Coral and 6 fish. Been in the hobby now for about 1.5 years, and eyeing a new 100 - 160 gallon tanks for Christmas.

Attachments

• 34D36C93-1750-49EA-8C5B-C6AF23B63040.jpg
    34D36C93-1750-49EA-8C5B-C6AF23B63040.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 99

Mark2480

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Welcome to MR. I?m over in NewSpringville and currently have a 180 with a 40 attached and a 20 aio. Let me know if you ever want to bass by and check out my system and maybe grab some ideas for your upgrade to a bigger tank or just chat. I made many mistakes when I upgraded but I think I got the tank running good now lol. Plan your setup out well from they beginning and you should have more enjoyable time with it as time goes by. Good luck with the upgrade if you choose to do it.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice Mark, I may take you up on that offer. I saw the pictures of your tanks in another thread, and they looks awesome! You have a lot of frags in the smaller one, do you trade? Any communities that you are part of? Also, what stores do you visit most often? I am between Pieces of the Ocean on Hylan, Aquatic Obsessions in Jersey, and (the occasional) stop in at Petco.

What kind of tank is the larger one? I am looking at SCAquariums.

Mark2480

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Thanks for the advice Mark, I may take you up on that offer. I saw the pictures of your tanks in another thread, and they looks awesome! You have a lot of frags in the smaller one, do you trade? Any communities that you are part of? Also, what stores do you visit most often? I am between Pieces of the Ocean on Hylan, Aquatic Obsessions in Jersey, and (the occasional) stop in at Petco.

What kind of tank is the larger one? I am looking at SCAquariums.

Thank you for the complement. The 40 gal is my mushroom/grow out/ frag tank and is run off the same sump as the 180 gal. I do trade here and there and also post frags up for sale. I haven't bought many corals in awhile but most of the ones I have I bought or acquired were from fellow hobbyist and a few good friends. The 180 gal is a Marineland tank and has been up going on almost 6 years now. My first saltwater tank I set up was when I was 15 years old so I have been in the hobby roughly 30 years and still learning new things lol. I like meeting new people so the offer is always open.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: