insearch

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone out there know the incubation piriod of marroon clown eggs?
Also what type of lighting is OK with the fry. I am thinking of a possible quarentine tray at the top of my tank for the first two weeks but the lighting is pretty intense. I could rearange my corals to one side and turn off the 175MH on the other but this would still put 2 36" power compact actinics over the quaentine area. Would this hurt the fry? After the two week piriod I would move them to a nano I am not useing right now. The reason that I was wanting to put a quaentine in my parent tank I can recirculate the water much easier and give them a constant low flow of water turning over in the quarentined area. the only thing I would have to worry about is deteris build up and I could syphon that off daily.Any input would be appriciated. Thank you
I hope to add some pics tomorrow. It is amazing to me how the enenime is takeing a parenting role in this. It has totally moved over and is hugging the eggs. I almost want to leave them where they are to see what will happen next.

acroman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im thinking the incubation pd is about a week. they dont need much light, just enough for them to see their prey. in my experiance, intense light freaks them out to a point where they die from shock or wont eat, then die.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: