E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Hello all
I'm still looking for an LED setup for my 60 cube and am considering the new Maxspect Razor. I really like that they come with 420 nm actinic, cool white, and warm white LEDs. The price point makes sense. The hanging kit looks good as well. However, I've read some negative reviews regarding the reliability of some of the other Maxspect fixtures.

Who has experience with Maxspect? Thoughts?

Oddomatic

Reef Enthusiast
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a 16k 20.5" razor for my nano tank. My LFS has em set up and there are no rainbows. In fact the clarity and spectrum blows the kessils right out of the water.You need to dial in the color percentages correctly or the blend will look like garbage. Best fixture out there for the money in my opinion. 6 channels with multiple time points and fine tuning of color Balance and intensity? What's not to like!

Breakin Newz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I purchased 2 of the 160w 16k razors, so far so good.. The color spectrum is definitely better then my AI Sol blue's I had up, but the controlability lacks, i'm used to the advance controls of the AI's...
As far as the spectrum goes in my opinion the razor's win in that aspect compared to the competition, at this moment atleast..

And to prattreef, I have no disco ball affect at all with the razors.... You usually get the disco ball affect when you have the individual red and green leds since they don't blend in well, which the razors do not have, thankfully...

Last edited:

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
^ I trust his opinion on this matter, I saw his tank when he had the Ai Sol blue and I mean I might have drooled a bit.

Now granted when I go full blown reef I will be doing a 60" 6 x 80 watt ati fixture w/ 2 reefbrites or the ati 60" led hybrid, but he still knows his ish and his corals looked whoa

Breakin Newz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
^ I trust his opinion on this matter, I saw his tank when he had the Ai Sol blue and I mean I might have drooled a bit.

Now granted when I go full blown reef I will be doing a 60" 6 x 80 watt ati fixture w/ 2 reefbrites or the ati 60" led hybrid, but he still knows his ish and his corals looked whoa

Why thank you! lol... You can't go wrong with a LED + T5 combo, best of both worlds!

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I mean I am not admitting to drooling on your floor due to your coral looks, but it may have happened :).

I loved my T5 light over my 48", i wasn't planning on doing corals and even now I only have 1, but it is weighting heavily

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: