A

Anonymous

I'm in the process of setting up my second tank. First one was eight years ago. I cut every corner, did everything wrong and wasted a lot of money and animals.

This time I'm trying to do it right. Read/reasearched a lot, spent the necessary dollars, exercise patience.

Most of the equipment has been purchased (waiting for my custom hood from Marine Depot) and I anticipate putting the stuff together in the next 30-45 days.

Set Up Date : Approx. 8/1/2000

Tank Size (LxHxW | Volume): 48X24X18 90 Gal

Sump Size (LxHxW | Volume): 17 Gal. Lifereef 125.

Live Rock (Mass): Will have 125 lbs.

Live Sand (Mass): No

Lighting (Type | Wattage Photoperiod): Custome Hood from Marine Depot. Two 175W MH 10K, two VHO URI Aqua sun. All Icecap electronic ballasts and timers. Icecast dimmer for the VHO.

Protein Skimmer (Brand | Model): Lifereef VS24, upgraded venturi, Iwaki 30 pump

Biological Filtration (Type): No.

Chemical Filtration (Type): Will occasionally run small amount of carbon.

Circulation (Rate | Brand | Model): From Return. 3/4 Sea Swirl.

Return Pump (Rate | Brand | Model): 1,200 GPH Iwaki 40

pH (Morning | Evening): Calcium Reactor with a Accumax I pH controller.

Temperature (Range | oC | oF): 1/4 HP Chiller with Medusa Controller.

Specific Gravity / Salintity (g/g | ppt):

Alkalinity (meq/l | dKH):

Calcium (ppm): Calcium Reactor from Lifereef

Ammonia (ppm):

Nitrite (ppm):

Nitrate (ppm):

Phosphate (ppm):

Fish :

Corals :

Invertebrates :

Maintenance Program :

Additional Information : Jeff at Lifereef has been good to work with. He's building a "turnkey" berlin system for me. Bought a lot of stuff from Marine Depot. Hood was damaged in shipping (UPS problem) and Ken at MD handeled getting a replacement. Also had good luck at Aquarium Instruments. Good prices and follow through.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: