ragawaga

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I've been lurking about here and the various other discussion groups and mailing lists for a while now. I think that I may be ready to venture into keeping seahorses. I've got
a tank measuring 26"Long X 12"wide X 15"high and a sump 20" long X 12" wide X 10" high. At the moment I have about 2-3" deep sandbed in each and I have 3 kilos of live rock in the tank. I have 3 glass shrimp in the sump and about 7 in the tank. 1 red legged hermit crab and 1 occelaris clown in the tank.

I wasn't sure wether I should get rid of the clown or not, but I'm open to suggestions.

I am deffinately going to get more live rock.

I was thinking of getting some more hermits....2 purple fire gobys, another goby type fish and maybe a mandarin fish when I've got more live rock.

I'm not sure what species of horse to go for, also as I am in the UK, my choice is a bit limited. If anyone can give me suggestions on this, I would gladly appreciate it.

I was also thinking of having some mangroves in there to. I'm going to be having corals...mostly soft ones like leather, mushrooms and other easy-ish stuff like that.

Does this sound viable? Any suggestions for different tank-mates or improvements?

-=****ie=-

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: