Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had everything in the tank for a while, adopted some fish/crabs and rock from a friend a couple weeks ago, I don't remember them saying anything about clicking. Heard a double clicking noise like someone turning on/off a light three times.. pulled out the flashlight and didn't see anything, fish alive and fine. Set a trap and.. caught a hermit crab. Emptied out the rock and checked every piece & the sand.. and didn't see anything unusual, although I do have a very clean tank now. Fred sometimes makes noises with the heater, am I okay in relaxing? I'll keep an eye out, but I think that covers all the techniques from previous threads.

skylsdale

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a few cherry bombs if you feel you need to resort to such measures
icon_wink.gif

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm just paranoid, but thanks
icon_smile.gif
I don't think cherry bombs would mix well with an anemone and the corals, thought the maroon clown could live through a nuclear fallout
icon_smile.gif

jmeader

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you might have a pistol shrimp. If it is, it will stay under the rocks digging little caves. As long as it doesn't get real big it shouldn't give you much of a problem, except for the noise. He makes that noise to stun his prey, mostly pods and such.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: