J

Jennyshots

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Would this make an ok salt water tank? I had a ten gallon years ago with tetras and barbs. For clowns and damsel fish would this size be good?

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Would this make an ok salt water tank? I had a ten gallon years ago with tetras and barbs. For clowns and damsel fish would this size be good?

hospital tank = QT tank = a place where you temporarily keep fish before adding to you main tank to make sure they don't introduce any bad stuff like ich, fungus, fin rot etc.It also allows you to monitor the health of the fish before adding it to a tank, so it doesnt die on you.

usually tanks under 40gallons are considered "nanos" you can have a salt water tank @ any size you wish, just have to research the fish that are able to live in it. The smaller a tank, the more unforgiving it is to bad husbantry or lack of water changes. Much harder to keep stable water parameters!

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
hey i havent upgraded!!! well i upgraded my ideas from 24g to 65g then downgraded to 34g lol
ten gallons are very limited to what you can put in them. many fish need plenty of places to swim and hide. if you're beginning, i suggest one of the nano cubeish type brands. they come with pretty much everything you need. the new oceanic 28 thats coming out and the red sea max are the most well-equpped nanos in the industry. i suggest one of those. remember, do lots of research! i started my reasearch last summer and got my tank a week ago. good luck!

p.s. anyone want to do a gb on this???? i dont think my petco has one. pm me.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: