Rating - 100%
98   0   0
FYI, just wanted to let people who are ordering clean up packages from Florida, that priority mail, which usually takes 3 days to get to NY, is now taking 5 days. Packages are sent out on Monday and I have received them on Friday, with hermit crab losses in the 25 to 33% area. Ricordea's were alive, but about half the size, they recovered. Snails don't seem to have any problems. I have made 2 orders from different vendors in Florida, with the same results. So if you're going to order something, best to upgrade it to over night express, with shipping costs in the $40 range. With the overnight delivery, the options of getting some fish is available, though I wonder if I would be getting the packages 2 days later instead of one.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
@nvladik, yes I have another order with reef cleaners, and went with the $45 delivery upgrade for this next package. HEH, not sure what I'll do with 250 hermit crabs, though, had to dollar cost average it out and wasn't only going to get just 100. So that's $105 for the crabs and $45 for shipping, equals 60 cents each. Well worth it considering, when I ordered 100 for $45, plus a few other items to get free shipping, the 45 cents per crab, went to 75, when I exclude the 30+ that died.

Foxy and KP aquatics also have overnight options. You'll have to calculate the costs, and reef cleaners had the lowest per unit price on crabs and snails. Reef cleaner give smaller sized creatures, but I received lots more, so the mass seems the same. (dwarf cerith snails, I ordered 1000 and received a solid mass of shells, from sand size to adult. Too many to count. Crabs were on the smaller size, which I prefer so they can grow into their tank and have more oxygen in the bags).

Though if you order fish, Foxy has a good deal, if you buy something else and include a cleaner package. They only do overnight shipments, for $30 charge or free if you order $150.

KP gives a flat rate shipping for both overnight and priority, and free if $300. They have a full assortment of inverts, and sell normal sized snails and crabs. If you ordered a ricordea and cleaner pack, go with the overnight.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Thanks for the info guys, Reeftopia has free over night shipping via fed ex for $140 orders. Plus they give bonus creatures and discounts at increasing price increments. I received the 2 for 1 scarlet leg hermit crabs, and 3 freeby emerald crabs, plus 15% discounts. I couldn't help myself from over shooting the $140. I should have used them from the beginning. They have a very small fish selection though as opposed to foxy and appear to be more focused on invertebrates. Since it was overnight, the packaging was half the size of other shippers, and I have 100% survival.

Mattyice572

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work for the usps and i can tell you its probably due to volume of packages coming through. Since covid began, i have been delivering 3-4 times the amount of packages daily its been absolutely insane!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: