B

bgoldwyn

after having purchased fully cured rock i tested my water with a red sea test kit for ammonia and nitrite for 3 weeks ..doing water changes etc.
levels have consistently been .15 and .005. i have been using salifert for Calcium and alkalinity.

finally out of frustration i tested both rodi and distilled water for ammonia and nitrite and found both had the same amount of ammonia and nitrite as the tank water which is impossible.

i just purchased the salifert ammonia test and found all three to be zero.
i can only assume when the nirtrite test kit arrives that all three waters will also be zero. i will also be replacing the nitrate and ph test. red sea measure 5 ppm nitrate which may very well be. their ph test shows 8.4 but my ph monitor shows 8.1. so who knows...

you have no idea how frustrating this has been, now knowing taht my tank probabaly fully cycled three weeks ago and is basically empty except for live rock and some snails and crabs.

i"m wondering whether any of you have had this experience... but i thought you all should be aware of this

new red sea max 34 gallon.. 45 lbs live rock (aquarium arts). using distilled water, tropic marin pro reef..prime chiiler 1/10...10% wc every ten days so far... planning on using esv two part bionic when needed. alk 9.0 ca 450 now. both ave been slowly dropping. lights on 9 hours
do you think the red sea PH test can also be inaccurate (8.4) where pinpoint monitor shows 8.1????

planning on adding some zo's or lps soon from Greenwich aquarium then a few fish

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: