Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Do to corona virus shop is closed but it will be open any day now.
You can start with academic part right now so by the time you complete this part we will have class schedule.
go to www.scubanewyork.com > learn to dive > open water > e-learning then will take you to PADI website where you will purchase academics and you can start your underwater journey today.
lucky you PADI offers nice discount now.
I don’t recommend buying any equipment online.
you will purchase everything you need at Scuba NY
Personal equipment is very important so need to fit properly. ( Scuba NY match the internet price so no worries for overpaying)
If you have any questions feel free to ask!

I used to rent my BCD and other equipment when I traveled. Next time I will own it. Had two major equipment failures with rented equipment in two years so never again. Once I was about a mile from shore when my gauge showed I had plenty of air but ran out. Tide was going out and had to swim back with full gear. That was when I understood why the certification required so much swimming and treading water!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
No I just didn't realize it was going to be 5 dives, although I'm sure it would be fun as I loved the first time around. What's a scuba unit btw?
It’s done over one weekend at Dutch Seings and it’s a lot of fun!
if weather is nice we camp BBqing and hangout.
scuba unit would include regulator,BCD ( buoyancy compensator device) air tank and weights and don’t forget you need 7mm wetsuit. Lol
All of this you can rent at SNY you have to own Mask snorkel boots fins and gloves. This is called personal gear.

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I used to rent my BCD and other equipment when I traveled. Next time I will own it. Had two major equipment failures with rented equipment in two years so never again. Once I was about a mile from shore when my gauge showed I had plenty of air but ran out. Tide was going out and had to swim back with full gear. That was when I understood why the certification required so much swimming and treading water!!!

I am sorry to hear that
But it happens quite often with rental gear.
this days gear is more affordable and technology really improved.
to be cert require swim only 200 yards. That’s nothing to compare when you take Divemaster and instructor!
400 yards swim no mask and fins
800 yards with mask and fins and it’s timed.
that is fun! NOT! Lol

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I am sorry to hear that
But it happens quite often with rental gear.
this days gear is more affordable and technology really improved.
to be cert require swim only 200 yards. That’s nothing to compare when you take Divemaster and instructor!
400 yards swim no mask and fins
800 yards with mask and fins and it’s timed.
that is fun! NOT! Lol

My class was at Scuba Network in Manhattan and we did a LOT more than 400 yards! We had to swim around the entire pool so many times I couldn’t get out of the pool. Lol

Forgot to mention that on that long swim back I discovered the BCD wasn’t holding air. It was “fun”.

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
My class was at Scuba Network in Manhattan and we did a LOT more than 400 yards! We had to swim around the entire pool so many times I couldn’t get out of the pool. Lol

Forgot to mention that on that long swim back I discovered the BCD wasn’t holding air. It was “fun”.

Wow!
yea I hear you surface swimming with gear on it’s not fun at all!

It’s done over one weekend at Dutch Seings and it’s a lot of fun!
if weather is nice we camp BBqing and hangout.
scuba unit would include regulator,BCD ( buoyancy compensator device) air tank and weights and don’t forget you need 7mm wetsuit. Lol
All of this you can rent at SNY you have to own Mask snorkel boots fins and gloves. This is called personal gear.

Oh ok, so I do have all the personal gear needed. As you mentioned, I just need to rent the regulator, BCD, air tank and weights which is exactly what I did last time or maybe I can borrow them from Myron lol. Sounds like it would be a fun weekend, let's see...

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Oh ok, so I do have all the personal gear needed. As you mentioned, I just need to rent the regulator, BCD, air tank and weights which is exactly what I did last time or maybe I can borrow them from Myron lol. Sounds like it would be a fun weekend, let's see...
Always fun when we go diving!
check this website up. I am sure you didn’t know how many wrecks laying underwater by you. Lol
www.njscuba.net

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: