dmcdonald

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am setting up a 60 gal. hex and i am thinking of getting seahorses. any advice on filtration would be helpful. i had this set up as a freshwater and i have decided to go salt. i had a mini reef tank a few years ago but the tank got broken. what kind of filtration would be best for my tank? it is roughly the size of a fifty five gallon drum. should i just use power heads to keep the bottom of the tank ciculating? i was thinking a wet dry or could i use a refugium. they are new to me put the lfs has one and it seemed like a cool idea. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

shavo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey I have had a canister filter, then a wet/dry, and now I have settled in with a fuge. it is the most stable so far.

don't buy one, make one, easy DIY project buy a return pump and an overflow box and your done.

dmcdonald

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is what i am thinking of doing. i work making acrylic boat parts so i have experience with making things out of acrylic. anyone else with deep tanks? that is my biggest concern is keeeping the water moving so it is getting good circulation.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: