• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

aquaticvet1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of interesting that Cortez Marine can attempt to sell a coral tank on this forum in "The Industry Behind The Hobby" section, but I cannot mention a potential game changer in the online aquarium industry.

Oh well, I will go about my own business as I normally do. Good luck to all and may your sales be over projections too.

Happy Holidays!!

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a tricky issue to moderate. Basically, we don't want businesses promoting their products. I realize there's a lot of gray area, but the spirit of the rule is to make sure this (and any forum) doesn't become a platform for commercial announcements.

FWIW, I don't see anything wrong with Raskal's post and can't review Race's post since it's been self-removed. We don't mind you guys trading equipment (since the For Sale forum really is targeted towards hobbyists), but we do not want people announcing sales and promoting their companies products and services. However, the grey area comes into play when industry-relevant news also has commercial interests, which is often the case. I guess all we can ask is for everyone to do their best.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I just reread Raskal's post and it wasn't what I thought it was ;) I thought what was offered for sale was his own breeding system no longer in service, but that's not the case. I concur this post crosses over the non-commercial condition of the user agreement.

condiman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyways to get this post back on track I know for my service I was scared to death earlier this year and now towards the end of the year Im in shock of how well this year has gone just in the past 5 months things have dubbled. I may even have to heir someone soon.

swsaltwater

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decembers are normally slow historically due to xmas shoppping. Mostly some gift cert shoppers, but this one is a bit worse then any I have seen with the economy so bad. . No big deal I expected a 25% slower Decemeber and I think it will get worse this month overall as I hear corporate business will be having mass layoffs this month. Tucson being a military town with a lot of government contractors, and medical jobs due to retirement crowd, usually fairs well so I pray it is not too bad overall nationwide. I suspect carnaige this year with downsizing in corporate areas like LA, Dulles, NY......Since up to November was awesome along with the personal best black friday numbers to date I think Jan will take off pretty dang good and look forward to 2010.

Raskal311

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
swsaltwater":3i1ukbct said:
Decembers are normally slow historically due to xmas shoppping. Mostly some gift cert shoppers, but this one is a bit worse then any I have seen with the economy so bad. . No big deal I expected a 25% slower Decemeber and I think it will get worse this month overall as I hear corporate business will be having mass layoffs this month. Tucson being a military town with a lot of government contractors, and medical jobs due to retirement crowd, usually fairs well so I pray it is not too bad overall nationwide. I suspect carnaige this year with downsizing in corporate areas like LA, Dulles, NY......Since up to November was awesome along with the personal best black friday numbers to date I think Jan will take off pretty dang good and look forward to 2010.

Many of my customers have reported increase in corporate spending. Hopefully it’ll trickle down to us after the holidays.

swsaltwater

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GreshamH":16gjvyil said:
Dulles or Dallas? Isn't Dulles just an airport, not a city?

Dulles is a city and most large fortune 500's have corp offices there. My old corp office for AOL was there. The airport services the DC area in general. There are about 5 or 6 suburbs that make up that area, Dulles probably the business district. Been there about 6 or 7 times on corporate trips. No fish stores really, looked around and nothing. Atlantis in Richmond was the talk of the area but a far drive.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: