fishfarmer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO...Plattsburg has several LFS. I checked out three of four listed in the phone book, didn't check out Chazy Lake Tropicals. None of the ones I checked out had any corals on hand and maybe one tank with live rock and several tanks for fish, I won't be going back to them. As for Vermont, there are two LFS located in Rutland, both lacking on quality SW. I do occasionally go to Green Mountain Tropical Fish in Rutland, but rarely buy anything, don't have much I want anyway. The owner's daughter is into reefs, so I've been trying to push them into setting up their display reef, but it's been over a year since they were thinking of doing it. There are three LFS in the Burlington area. The two I frequent are Green Mountain Aquarium in Shelburne and The Pet Advantage in S. Burlington. I have a good standing with the owner of GMA. Gerry is a little behind the times with reef techniques, but I prefer buying fish from him verses The Pet Advantage. The Pet Advantage does have better prices on coral and usually more critters like crabs, starfish, and cukes. There is also a fellow who does a SW fish and live rock business out of his house. His place is called Atlantis. I've never checked it out. I spoke to him a month ago and he closed up shop until October.

Where are you located? I'm always in the mood to do some trading locally(I guess smuggling
icon_wink.gif
). I'm near southern half of Lake Champlain.

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: fishfarmer ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: