Bikinisalt

Always Overfeeding
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have a friend selling his tortoise. It is a male. I told him I would post it here just in case a member here has any interest. He said it is called a sulcata tortoise. I know nothing about tortoises so please do not ask me. If anyone is interested you can PM me your number I will give it to him and both of you can take it from there. He wants $350 cash for him firm.

All I can say is I have seen it and played with the thing and I know he freely roams the house with a cat he also has and he is bigger then a 29g fish tank, if that helps. One more thing he is heavy, I accidently kick it once and hurt my foot...

Bikinisalt

Always Overfeeding
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Thanks D for the info. pretty interesting information. One more thing I have to say. He has had it for about 10 years now. He bought it at a place called NY Reptilia in Flushing, Queens. I was with him.

muntai

CEO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI: prepared a large outdoor space, and do your research, and prepared for grocery bills.
I know people who don't house Sulcata's, they park them....in storage sheds to sleep in. These tortoises in just a few years can weigh 100 pounds, may mature in 6-8 years to be near 200 lbs., will live 80-to over 100 years, can burrow 30ft. tunnels under the foundation of your home, and will burrow under several feet of fence if they see pretty flowers on the other side. You have to set landscape timbers all around the perimeter of your yard, several feet down, and set in concrete.
They are big and powerful, and in a few years the average woman won't be able to move them around if they don't want to be moved. You almost need a seperate refrigerator to fill with veggies for them, as they can eat pounds of veggies and fruit a day when grown.
These types of tortoises are better off left to zoos, herpetologists, and serious tortoise enthusiasts.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: