Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I finally saved up enough money to switch over to LED's, and I want to make sure my investment is worth it! So, which LED modules would you recommend for a 90g standard dimension tank that will give me the best bang for my buck? I have some SPS (mainly montis), a crocea clam, a haddoni carpet and LTA (both a few years old) and many different types of soft corals and LPS.
I currently have 2 250w MH's over the tank and 2 110w VHO's for actinic supplement. I'll be away at college a lot over the next few years so I need something that I can set and forget, and I like more a blue look (20k). Anyone have any recommendations? I plan on installing 2 panels or 1 large fixture into a canopy over the tank.
Also, does anyone have some guidelines as to how to acclimate my tank to the new lighting?

I think it would best to if you told us your budget since LED prices can range greatly between companies

Forgot to mention, it's also good to know if you want something with all the bells and whistles such as sunrise/sunset, thunderstorms, etc...There are some decent, plain fixtures out there, just and off and I've heard Chinese LED fixtures are actually not bad considering the huge savings and given you don't mind just an on/off deal

Last edited:

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Contact Fathom here they can give you an estimate and come to your house to help install and setup properly. There have been quiet a few threads here with people very happy with the results.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I have AI Vegas, I'm pretty happy with them but I don't take advantage of all the features like weather effects, cloud sweeping, lunar cycle,etc.. I probably should've went with the Sol Blue and would've saved like $300. Just FYI. Hope this helps.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: