NEWREEFER2007

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Finally Got All My Reading I Am Running Salt Between 1.023 And 1.024 Phosphate Is 0 Nitrite Is At 20 Calcium Is At 360 Ammionia Is At .5 Carbonate Is At 0 So Any Info I Can Get On This Would Be Great I Am New At This And Am Learning I Know I Had Got Bad Rock From A Friend I Am Takeing Out And Adding New Cured Rock I Peice At A Time Add One New Peice And Wait 3 Days Do My Water Change And Wait Another 2 Weeks And Get Another One THIS IS A 24 GAL AQUA POD WITH A 70 WATT METAL HALIDE LIGHTING SYSTEM

Last edited:

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
:confused: You used the period in the salinity & ammonia readings, but nowhere else?

Also, what is the carbonate reading and what test kit? Should that be zero?

There's a thread stuck atop this forum, which should address your concerns.

NEWREEFER2007

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What Should My Readings Be At How Do I Go About Getting Them There The Rock Was Uncured And I Jumped Early With Corals And I Am Just Trying To Keep What I Have Alive And Get Tank To Where It Should Be At So Any Advise I Can Get Would Help Me Alot

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Find someone you trust with an established tank, and have them hold your corals. Once the ammonia & nitrite levels reach and stay at zero, you can slowly restock the tank. As it is now, if corals keep dying, they will continue to contribute to the ammonia level.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
aight here are some key levels that I THINK are good...

Salinity - 1.025-1.026
ph - 8.0 - 8.2
AMMONIA - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - below 5
Phosphate - 0.01-0.03
Alkalinity - 9-11 dkh
Calcium - 400- 450 ppm
Magnesium - 1350
Temp 78-80f

again these are my views and also many others will agree but everyone has there own reefing techniques and ways that work :scratch:...

As you now know rushing things in this hobby is really bad... can be corrected within time and a great deal of work so what i would recc. is give the corals to someone to take care of and let the tank do what it has to do and cycle it the right way... ;)... (i didnt read the 2nd page until this was posted dean, sorry for reiterating what u said)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: