ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Lol they were cool because they kept a lot of good size tanks in stock. They had their good and bad weeks though. Some weeks everything was nice looking and same weeks everything looked lithargic and had ich... But I liked them.

If you liked them, then you would probably like fish town USA. We use to make a trip every sunday. Wake up, Absolute fish, the fish tank, fish town USA, bar, home. Lol

Audi0s

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I wouldnt really waste your time with Fish Town. I live down the block from fish tank, they used to import their fish directly from the collectors and try to acclimate the fish themselves, which ended up killing alot of them. Sometimes theyd do a half order from a reputable distributor and half from the collection company. Im pretty sure the distributor holds them for a f ew weeks before shipping. As far as decent stores goes, Reef Encounted in Hackensack is pretty good, nothing too crazy as far as frags goes, but decent stuff. Absolutely Fish is expensive but usually top notch healthy livestock. Their corals are very expensive and usually nice stuff, but even regular stuff gets expensive. Id say Manhattan Aquariums Aquatic Obsessions and Ocean Gallery as far as corals and livestock overall, prob the best in the area, IMO

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
OG all the way! The fish tank was cool and had alot of potential but in the end I think lack of experience put them under, absolutely fish has a great selection but a little pricey, there staff has become much friendlier IMO. Reef encounter is ok they have thier ups and downs, I think OG IS THE BEST OUT OF ALL the ones I mentioned, haven't been to the city stores yet though!

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Manhattan aquariums. The best store i have ever been on.

When I want to go look, I go to absolute fish
When I want to go and maybe buy, I go to ocean gallery
When I want to go to buy, I go to manhattan aquariums.

Amazing selection, especially whe I go on Sunday, the prices for frags are unbeatable, the service is very good and all around, it's with the little over hour and a half trip for me. Manhattan aquariums is my favorite.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: