NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ok for all of you that own a vortech or several. what one's do you have, how many and what setting's are you using ? please state size of tank { dimension's } and placement.

My current is one mp10es in a 24"l x 20"d x 18"h placement is left hand side 5" from water line and dead center in depth. flow is across a sps dominate tank. on Lagoon mode at full speed

Mod's please keep this a vs free thread.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I have a MP10wes on a 24g tank left side on 70% nutrient mode for 12 hours and night mode for the night time at 45%.

On the DT 120g 4x2x2, I have 3 (soon to be 4) MP40wes on Nutrient mode for 8 hours at 75%, then lagoon for 8 hours at 65% and night mode at 45% for 8 hours. The vortech's are placed at different levels in the tank with 2 on one side / side by side (one at midway and the other at high water surface) and a single on the left side center upper water column for gas exchange.

Everything is run from the Apex /WXM.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
65g tank (36x18x24). MP10 on left side, MP40 on right side of tank, each about 4" from the top of water line. Return and overflow are on the left corner of tank. Custom program is run via APEX WXM. Mostly reefcrest and tidal at approx. 75%. Nutrient transport after scheduled feeding.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I have 2 MP10s on my Midi, which is 22.5x20x19high. Centrally located rock scape. Right now I have one on each side of the tank about 3/4 of the way up. I run them on Reef Crest, at about 30-40% each. No corals at the moment. We'll see how the SPS like the flow when I start adding them.

I like how the flow from each pump crashes into the other one and randomizes everything.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
36x36x17 tank
Mp 40 on left side of tank pretty much center
Mp 60 on rear wall of tank, in center but lower than the 40 i also have two koralias in the corner of the tank hitting rock structure. I alternate between all the settings and haven't synced them up ( I honestly don't know how and gave little effort trying)

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
25 gallon cube (18x18x18), MP10 with wireless module. Located in the left, around the middle, towards the back, by the overflow.

Used in reefcrest mode except from 6-7pm and 9-10pm where it runs in nutrient transport mode (those are the times when I feed my fish+tunicate, and corals respectively).

It is controlled by my Neptune Apex, through the wireless module.

I have a 150 cube (36X36X27) and I have 2 MP40s, just downgraded from the 2 MP60s I had.

They're placed about 2/3 of the way up from the bottom and they're both off center. Since the cube is in a corner, they're on the sides of the cube that are facing the wall. I run them at 75% on Reef Crest mode with one running anti sync as well. The day before a water change I usually run them at 100% on NTM just to try and kick up a little extra 'stuff'.

I too use my Apex to control the Vortechs, makes it a lot easier for me since it's in words so I don't have to guess what color it's on and what mode it would correspond to lol

DBP 80 gallon RR
2 Mp40's one one each side set on lagoon at +/-50%
3 Mp10w on the back pushing toward the front set on NTM +/- 40
Acros are in heaven

That's a hell of a lot of Vortechs given the size tank you have. Wonder what it would look like if you ran them all 100%

36x36x17 tank
Mp 40 on left side of tank pretty much center
Mp 60 on rear wall of tank, in center but lower than the 40 i also have two koralias in the corner of the tank hitting rock structure. I alternate between all the settings and haven't synced them up ( I honestly don't know how and gave little effort trying)

If you want to pair them up, it's the easiest thing ever. You just hold Mode+Set together till the lights on the controllers start blinking. Once they're blinking on both controllers, you just press set for whichever one you want as the slave.

Last edited:

empire

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
DB 80..4xmp10wes

2 on each side, reef crest random about 75% 2 on back wall about 45% NTM. I plan on upgrading to 2 mp40s and keep 2 10's on the back wall.

Custom05Taco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
14 gal biocube mp10 @40% max
I keep it on random mode and make a storm 100% for a minute once or twice a week

I have the mp10 on the right side of my tank the overflow is also on the right side. Would it make a big difference in such a small tank if the mp10 were on opposite side of overfolw?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
115g Cube 32x32x26. Using 3xMP40W running 100% nutrient removal, and 1 MP10es running 100% nutrient removal. I have the pumps located on the 4 corners of the tank, pumps facing each other, but 1 is higher and one is lower. It gives strong flow around the whole tank, but not damaging flow.

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
I have 5 on my DT 120 48x24x24

2 mp40 one on each side 4" from the top and abot 5" from the front.
1 mp40 on the Back.
2 mp10 one on each side at the very bottom in the middle (I'm BB ;))

They are run on reef crest NOT sinked so I can get even more random flow.
Once a week usually Friday I put them on nutrient transport and blow off my rocks with a turkey baster and do water change the next day.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use two MP10w on a standard 55g tank. They're set to Reef Crest, 100% but working opposite of each other. I think this best for my tank because it focuses the water to the right and left randomly. Plus, it's nice to see my school of blue chromis change directions when they're swimming into the flow.

Last edited:

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I got 6 on 150 gal.

2 MP 40 one side, I pick the wide flow.
1 tunze in center back
2 Koralia opposite the overflow box (one flow up,to clean surface water)
1 Koralia Magnum 7 (right down opposite overflow box) run only one hour , for clean up.
I got BB .
ups, I forgot I will buy MP 60.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: