• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Timers and electrical work done today. Not quite as tidy as I'd like, but for a 1 gallon tank it will do...

Filling the tank with seawater tomorrow! It only took 4 months to get it ready. :P

Attachments

• photo-6.jpg
    photo-6.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 865
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks fellas!

My friend finished soldering the LEDs, way too bright so I'll need to dim them. Dead center at the bottom of the tank reads about 500 PAR. 8O

Attachments

• photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 764

pslee

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Matt, can your friend build me a light unit just like that? Heehee :mrgreen: It looks great! I can't wait to see your tank with critters in it.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pslee":17j8xyjb said:
Hey Matt, can your friend build me a light unit just like that? Heehee :mrgreen: It looks great! I can't wait to see your tank with critters in it.

Man, I wish Tosh could build an assembly line...but it took him 3 months to solder this for me. Probably best to learn how to do it myself if I want to build more. :lol: I can walk you through the steps and wiring if you really want to do it though!

pslee

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many LEDs are in this fixture? White to blue ratio? Wattage? I would love to build a similar unit for my 1g. Do you have a list of the parts?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben":diy357i7 said:
Did I miss an update on this somewhere? Hows it going Matt?

No updates yet...it is still circulating with some live rock. I'm going to move it to work next to my desk.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No corals in there yet? I'm really interested to see how well they do under those LEDs. :).

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt_ I'm so happy for you man, I think I read an article that featured you at your job recently. There is nothing better than watching a friend find success and earn a living doing what most -pay- to do as a hobby and you are very talented at it/

This tank is progressing well, it could be a feature in the lobby of a bank with the styling, but you'd have to concrete up the base to prevent removers and arm resters from assailing it :)
I always thought it would be a neat idea to sell something like this as an eye catching focal point for businesses and nanos aren't obtrusive like larger tanks. even better, have you set up the nano display at the sf aquarium yet man>

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
brandon429":1g92t3i7 said:
Matt_ I'm so happy for you man, I think I read an article that featured you at your job recently. There is nothing better than watching a friend find success and earn a living doing what most -pay- to do as a hobby and you are very talented at it/

This tank is progressing well, it could be a feature in the lobby of a bank with the styling, but you'd have to concrete up the base to prevent removers and arm resters from assailing it :)
I always thought it would be a neat idea to sell something like this as an eye catching focal point for businesses and nanos aren't obtrusive like larger tanks. even better, have you set up the nano display at the sf aquarium yet man>

Brandon, you would love working here. I have a few "nano" sized aquariums, including a 25g Peacock Mantis tank, a 25g tank with a pair of Banggai Cardinals and a single enormous bubble coral, and a 7g venomous cone snail exhibit (which needs some work!). I had a 4g tank at my desk, too, but with a 200k tank to take care of it fell on the back burner and had to be taken down.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt I know that would be the best job ever! I told my child that in July with the extra paycheck if we can fly out there I have a buddy who we could meet to get some behind the scenes catching up on that wonderful aquarium, she's never seen a public aquarium before so thats a whopper of a first round. its a nice option we could sample some fresh crab both to eat and to view lol

I looked for some videos of your setups on youtube and didn't see the nano ones but I saw and commented on that mat of zoanthids an inch thick as causing me envy rock on Sir!
B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: