ROBERT DUNNE

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am getting a 7ft long 2ft high 3ft wide tank built as iam after moving house iam not new to the hobby iam keeping fish 7 years marines the last 2 i was wondering if anyone could suggest what size sump will i need for this size tank.My last tank was a 400 liter jewel with a hang on skimmer.i want to employ a sump this time and i want to use metal haldes any ideas? :roll:

Ansphire

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A sump big enough to fit the skimmer and a nice refugium...

I would think a 55g would be a nice sump.

Your tank is arround 310g

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the biggest sump you can afford.
will you divide it and make a refugium?
i use a 75 gallon tank now for a sump to my 125.
your sump can be too small, but it can never be too big. :wink:

shavo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. X always thinks bigger is better, but he is absolutely right, I would use a bigger tank than a 55 gallon if possible, but it would probabbly do just fine. you want to make considerations for the sump tank to be longer than it is higher so you can fit equipment in it instead of using the diplay for the peripherals

ChrisRD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a system this size, personally, I would setup the sump with the intent to automate (or at least facilitate) water changes as you're talking about significant volumes here.

ROBERT DUNNE

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank will look like its in the wall.On a stand with sump underneath also iam going to fit a 80 liter tank on the wall for water changes above the main tank it will then be panneled of so just the display tank is vissable :eek:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: