• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jhemdal1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

A magazine editor asked me if I want to write any article on the propagation of *one* species that reef aquarists are really interested in working with. I don't think they mean fragging, they want something on fish, shrimp or something like that, and I'm drawing a blank. Does anyone have any suggestions? I just wrote a general article for them that gives an overview of marine propagation, but they thought a more specific article would be interesting as well.
What is the latetest, coolest animals people are breeding at home? Of course, my short list has to be something I've worked with myself -

Jay Hemdal

jhemdal1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

Well - I had to get back to my editor, so I chose breeding seahorses as my topic for this article, primarily because of my techniques for raising mysid shrimp. This is important in getting baby seahorses through day 45.

Jay Hemdal

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seahorses are what I was going to recommend. Those and clownfish, but clownfish aren't nearly as interesting to write or read about IMO. Good luck with the article.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: