SlamaJama

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.3%
152   1   0
im an early riser, and sometimes i get my flash lite to see wats wat in my tank when dark...saw this tiny white crab with brown tips on his claws, seemed to be noshing on my new acro colony...i dumped it in my fuge.
any1 have any idea what it is and did i do rite by taking it out of my display tank?
thxs for all replies,
mike

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Was it this?

faq_anemonecrab.jpg

Hitchhiker Crab

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Anemone crab ,,i have one in my tank ,,cool crab ,,always looks like its praying ,but thats the way it eat ,filter feed i believe

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
There are a # of crabs that are white with brown tips, the gorilla crab being one, but there is also one that eats zoo's and mushrooms. It would only come out at night and will take zoo's, the whole plug and all, and mushrooms. Got pretty large and eat quite abit of my zoo's before it died. Some one else on the board here had one, I think they posted a picture of it also.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I found the pics! this guy ate every Zoo I had in my 65 gal tank, he ate a fox coral, and was starting on a toad stool when I caught him.
he became trigger food!

Attachments

• crab1.jpg
    crab1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 166
  • crab2.jpg
    crab2.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 166

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Gorilla Crab = Bad crab - No good!! POS, PITA. Destructive beyond allhell. Strong too. As they get bigger they like rearranging things. Horrible little suckers with strong claws!

I wonder who would win Mantis vs Gorilla crab.....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: