NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Jon beat me too the punch.
have ever looked at some tanks and said WOW! and others although they are healthy and thriving though to yourself there's just something missing?

here's 2 pieces of coral from my tank the color is nice something lacking tough to explain

Attachments

• IMG_5748.JPG
    IMG_5748.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_5750.JPG
    IMG_5750.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_5752.JPG
    IMG_5752.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 229

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
whatever is lacking does not show up in those photos.

maybe in a before and after example?

Shaun I take it you don't like Randy's simplified version of ORP ;)

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
jhale said:
whatever is lacking does not show up in those photos.

maybe in a before and after example?

Shaun I take it you don't like Randy's simplified version of ORP ;)
if you take them out of the water the color jumps out at you. I also know I have to take into account the glass has a green tint to it

solbby said:
This is such a ridiculous statement in so many ways, I don't even know where to begin. Some experts should stick to their speciality.
shaun can you please explain? I respect your opinions what part dont you agree with?

Last edited:

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
NYPDFrogman said:
though to yourself there's just something missing?

here's 2 pieces of coral from my tank the color is nice something lacking tough to explain

What's lacking, is the fragfest the SPS fans on this site would have with those "sample" corals.

It seems like a risky proposition to add anything to your current setup, especially, when, even you admit there's still some confusion. What if there's no change in coral appearance after 3 months, do you take the ozone system down?

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Deanos said:
What's lacking, is the fragfest the SPS fans on this site would have with those "sample" corals.

It seems like a risky proposition to add anything to your current setup, especially, when, even you admit there's still some confusion. What if there's no change in coral appearance after 3 months, do you take the ozone system down?
LOL if there was no change I'd proably discontinue using it, nothing ventured nothing gained.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
NYPDFrogman said:
shaun can you please explain? I respect your opinions what part dont you agree with?
OK, :) . But it is going to require some time, since my counters to this need to be expressed in more than just one paragraph.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
NYPDFrogman said:
LOL if there was no change I'd proably discontinue using it, nothing ventured nothing gained.

I found there are an awful lot of people using ozone. many of them are those that would be considered the hero's of sps keepers. in the least they are advanced hobbyists who have tanks that others aspire to.
jbny, and steve weast both employ ozone and they have not reported any negative effects after years of use. to the contrary there systems have grown into tanks to be drooled over. (don't worry the ozone will take care of the drool). In their case they are both using small amounts of ozone and are not pushing the ORP boundaries. Granted their husbandry is good in many other ways, but the ozone sure is not hurting. this is from visual observation only and based on what they have said on the subject.

still waiting for the full translation herman ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: