Liz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
:help: WOULD LIKE TO BUY A BERGHIA NUDIBRANCH, ANYONE HAVE ONE?:skull::dead1: GOTTA TAKE CARE OF A 'LIL ISSUE IN THE TANK:knockedou

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Well ,im gonna have to say this ,i learned the hard way ,dont waste your money. I saw them for 2 days after introducing to my tank ,and then poof ,,no where to be found

use kalk or joes juices ,that what ive been doing ..only way to reduce the problem !!

..some fish eat them too ,but they are in the hard to keep category

goood luck

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
listen to deep ,he knows whats hes talkin about. ask him about his BERGHIA group buy :biglaugh: :kidding:
i find the best way to kill a few aiptasia is kalk paste. if more i would borrow a raccoon bf.
note: raccon is not reef safe though.

bronxer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a refugium, so I could put a rock in there with the berghia and let them do their work.

does anyone have any experience in RAISING berghia? I read about putting them in mason jars and feeding them aiptasia, but that sounds kinda fishy. Anyone try it with any success?

deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
so whats the verdict on these nudi good or what.im looking to buy for a infestation,but kalk will only allow me to treat whats within reach,so its going to be an ongoing thing.there is a peppermint but he sits in one spot and stares all day wich makes me want to smash him:irked: .so if anyone has had success lets hear it...

Liz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Copperbands butterflys would work but they keep expiring in my tank, peppermints are kinda good at keeping a small area under control (otherwise they get side tracked by my feeding meaty substances), and berghia are hard to come by/hard to keep....
I am lost in a PUZZLE!:confused:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Copperbands butterflys would work but they keep expiring in my tank, peppermints are kinda good at keeping a small area under control (otherwise they get side tracked by my feeding meaty substances), and berghia are hard to come by/hard to keep....
I am lost in a PUZZLE!:confused:

Liz

I wouldnt waste money on the nudis again ,i tried 2ce and no luck .Money down the drain .

CBB ,they are hard to keep ,but with well estiablished tank they can ween to eatting dry and frozen food (only thing they will eat your feather dusters if you have them )

Pepps are a hit or miss .some eat them some are just decoration in the tank

Ive been fighting aiptasia for a while now ,i use kalk or joes juice ,the key is to siphone out the anemone after kalking them (about 30mins later) pumps must be off and you cant miss any spores ,if it get into the water colum then they will reproduce again ,if yuo didnt siphone out all of the anemone then it will regrow :(

HTH

Ronen

Last edited:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
aptasia

or just pull rock out and fw dip it for 48 hr's. you lose everything else on rock, but no more aptasia. i used purple up to inject them also and had success as well

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: