Tommylala

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone has a Protein Skimmer for sale?

I am new to this hobby. Currently I have 40lb live rocks and 40 lb live sand. I want to start upgrading my tank to support soft corals. My friend said LPS would be suitable for me since its easy to maintain.

I am going to try and make my own Sump and looking to get a protein skimmer. Anyone has one available for sale?

Last edited:

jademan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I have an aqua c ev240 that's going up for sale ,in a few. but no pump pm me make me an offer I let you u know if I can get rid of it for that.thanks again good luck .welcome to the hobby and this great site.

artie1209

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have an old school in sump air driven skimmer you can have if you can pick it up. It may not be fancy but it works great. May even have an air pump you can have as well. All you need is a small water pump and some new wooden airstones. I am in lower Westchester. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

artie1209

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
pic

Here is your skimmer pic

Attachments

• skimmer.jpg.jpg
    skimmer.jpg.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 126

artie1209

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ideally in a sump. You run wooden air stones to create bubbles and a small powerhead to pump water to the top valve. Like I said earlier it is low tek but it works quite good. Most folks got away from these because you need to change the wooden airstones every 6 weeks or so. I am pretty sure I have an air pump as well. Do a search on the web about counter current protein skimming. Whatever kind of skimmer you end up with understanding their function will truly add to your ultimate success.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
If you have any thoughts of an upgrade nows the perfect time
Get equip. That will serve the upgrade and save from buying twice
Pertaio has an awesome skimmer for sale in forum, but It would be a lot for your tank. It's great price and quality unit

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: