Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
funny I get these all the time no trouble with them except I had one jump out of the tank on me.

I can get them but only in pairs and I get them from the Red Sea
$55 is cheap for them maybe because it's small

I can get a pair about 5-6" (the female is smaller) but they cost more in the $300 range for both.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've had close to a dozen Male Watanabei/Semifasciatus/Bellus, and after the 2 week mark they crap out. I even collected a few male wats in Tonga myself and held them at the station and they still died within 1 week....

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
images

Genicanthus Caudovittatus from the red sea or east africa fair well in the aquarium. well large aquarium I have them in one of my clients 250 gallon tanks.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Jim, thats the problem. Females do awesome, but males don't for some reason.

Sean, usually within 2 weeks they die. I just picked up a Bellus pair tonight that my buddy had for 2 weeks. They look good and are eating great.

joe

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Jim, are you still loking for this fish?

I just saw a zebra angel in a lfs near my area for $75. Its about 4-5". But the strips isn't as vibrant as the one in the picture.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
I do still want one, but they prefer to have more than one female (like harems)

When you have one male and one female, the male somtiems beats up on the one female. So, I'lve decided to not get the mal and allow the female to live happily, a lonely life :)

I think I am going to go with a female blue throat, since I already have the male.

Jim

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: