regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
After reading kuyamark's thread, I wish there was something that I could have done to help him minimize his loss. I could loan him my inverter or hold the most valuable livestock he has for him for a few hours or few days. If there was a way for him to contact me or someone else on MR in the area, I am sure someone wil be happy to help. So, for those in the westchester area, you can PM me your contact number and I will organize it according to geographic location and send it out. But don't just save it on your computer b/c you know why!! (No power, no computer) :smash:Print it out and put it where you can find it in case of a blackout or other emergency.

I know it has been done before, but not locally. Jhale, if you have any input, LMK.

Last edited:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I think posting your address and phone number on a thread that anyone can see is not a good thing, personal security and Identity theft are popular nowadays. if there was a way to secure the threads to known users only that might be a good idea.

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Chiefmcfuz said:
I think posting your address and phone number on a thread that anyone can see is not a good thing, personal security and Identity theft are popular nowadays. if there was a way to secure the threads to known users only that might be a good idea.

That's why I said PM me the info. You don't have to give me your real name and you can use your cell phone instead of your home phone. No address neither, just need the general area, like New Rochelle, Yonkers, Pelham etc. LMK if it works for you.

Chongpark27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
I think everyone in westchester area should have each others contact info. A few dayz ago i lost power from tue to sat afternoon. I would of had a major lost but my friend dave lived down so i was able to save all my corals. I hope this doesnt happen to anybody else but just in case, its good to have other reefers contact info just in case of an emergency.

Chongpark27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
Thats a great idea about the buddy, but what if he or she is out of power too, i already have 4 buddies i can depend on, but just in case, its always good to have more contact numbers. If a major storm hits again, it wipes out power in all different regions, more contact numbers the bettter.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: