• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first post here on Manhattan reefs. I am new to the reef hobby and I have a 90G setup running for the past 6 months. My last test for KH came back at 89.5 ppm, which from what I understand is on the very low side. Can you offer your thoughts on if this is a good number? If it needs to go higher, as I would expect, can you recommend a good way to accomplish this? thanks again!

Joe

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
This is my first post here on Manhattan reefs. I am new to the reef hobby and I have a 90G setup running for the past 6 months. My last test for KH came back at 89.5 ppm, which from what I understand is on the very low side. Can you offer your thoughts on if this is a good number? If it needs to go higher, as I would expect, can you recommend a good way to accomplish this? thanks again!

Joe

First off, welcome to MR (and reefs.com :))

To answer your question, the best way to get KH, PH and Calcium stable is to dose B-Ionic 2-part (part 1, Alk, part 2 calc). Get a set of reliable test kits and test your water once or twice a week until you have found that sweet spot that keeps your parameters where you want them.

calcium 380-450 ppm
Alkalinity - 7-11 dKH or 125-200 ppm
ph- will fluctuate but between 7.8 and 8.2 is ideal.

Hope this helps,

james

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: