Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Just went to Petco to pick up some salt and IO was $64 for a bucket. This is ridiculous. Can anyone reccomend a good place to pickup some salt for a decent price?

rfc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is a petsmart around you, they honor their internet prices. I pay 32 for 160g of IO.

You just have to print out their website price and bring that to the store

www.petsmart.com

Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Excellent suggestions all. I'm going to give Petsmart a try. If they wont do the price matching i'll order from foster and smith.

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Craig,

Just a heads up. You need to call ahead and find out what salt that Petsmart has in stock and what size containers they have. You have to bring in the ad for what they have in stock. Sometimes they only have the 5lb bags of oceanic and other times they have 5 gallon buckets.

Steven

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I order mine from drs foster & smith. They don't charge additional shipping.

Operative word here is additional shipping. Doing the Petsmart deal, there's not shipping at all. :tongue1:

BTW, last December, the Drs offered FREE shipping on orders over $60 (salt included). I ordered five 200 gallon buckets of Oceanic. Still haven't gone through all of it (into my last bucket now). I'm hoping to catch that sale again, before I run out.

swimmer

Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
went to petsmart in norwalk and all they had were tiny bags of salt.

hey russ...Reefcrystals are on sale for $35 a bucket at F&S.com. I'm thinking about ordering 2 of them. Wanna jump in on an order and split the shipping?

leonarsi

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
hey craig, if you are still looking for salt pet pantry in greenwich are the cheapest i've found around. They seel the big drums of Instant Ocean. think it was about $40

Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I recently ordered salt for myself and another reefer from foster smith. IO was on sale for $29.50 a bucket. I also found a $5 off coupon online. I ordered enough to really piss off the fedex driver.

Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
in a few months lets do a MR salt groupbuy just so we can pissoff the fedex person with 30+ buckets

i'll have everyone come over. we'll setup lawn chairs and a beer cooler and just laugh

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
in a few months lets do a MR salt groupbuy just so we can pissoff the fedex person with 30+ buckets

i'll have everyone come over. we'll setup lawn chairs and a beer cooler and just laugh

You're just downright mean :sgrin:

I did a salt GB a couple of years ago. It was only 19 buckets :rolleyes: The Fedex guy was dripping sweat (July :lol2: ) after the 3rd bucket.

swimmer

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: