• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• hdpolyethylene.jpg
    hdpolyethylene.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 4,896

K9coral

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefnutz, your right... not exactly inexpensive but that would be perfect. Im thinking I might just get a custom made tank from glasscages.com. It will be heavy but a lot cheaper.

rsman

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try an RV repair place, see if they will make them for you out of [h/l]DPE, any size you want, and cheap.

Cazreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DLART89":uz1x11ng said:
tangir1":uz1x11ng said:
Well, sounds like he need to do some walking on his Yellow Pages...

Welcome for what?

I think tangir1 was just stating that you might need to look locally as shipping a large tub might be quite expensive.

I live in a rural area and there are plenty of farm supply places around. You might not be so lucky in your area.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once tangir1 make squat, we will see tangir1 no more. Mark my words!

The farm supply and RV folks sound like great ideas to me. Anything that's safe to hold potable water should be the ticket.

K9coral

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I would have known about them about a month ago!
I purchased a 100 gallon 5x3x1 glass tank. It looks nice and holds water !

fishmogul

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM seriously considering buying the rubbermaid 300 Gallon stock tank at Tractor Supply,their are several local to me. I want to make prop tanks with them.

coastal

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont know if anyone else mentioned this in this thread but you should steer away from any black or dark vats becuse of the heat gain issue

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heat gain effects? That's the first time I've *ever* heard someone mention this as an issue and I've seen a LOT of people using the black rubbermaid stock troughs with no ill effects.

Shane

smit1260

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could understand not wanting to use black containers in southern climates because of the attempts to keep everything as cool as possible. In the northern climates I could see it as a benefit. Plus once the tanks are filled with rock, coral, etc. there isn't that much black surface area exposed anyways. The outsides could be covered in a reflective material if need be.

smit1260

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ideas do people have about flow patterns for the vats?? I was thinking that using airlift pvc tubing placed every 2 feet on the rim of a 300 gallon rubbermaid. They would be pointed to have a circular flow.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: