A

Anonymous

Has anyone had a chance to use the Tropic Marin test kits they are very simple to use.color changes are very clear ,readings are accurate.i only know of calcium test compared to salifert anyone compare any other tests.

Thanks
swissgaurd

A

Anonymous

swissgaurd, sorry never used these, but I see their ad in thatpetplace catalog this month. Have you used any of their other tests like alk, pH, nitrite, or nitrate, if so are you happy with them?

Thanks

------------------
If you ever dreamed of being a chemist, try salt water aquariums it's close enough #:)

A

Anonymous

Ravenstar
Thanks for your reply
Iam currently using there alk test, color changes from green to red orange very simple to use just count the number of drops.
PH-add one drop -very accurate.
Nitrite and nitrate comes in same kit, test takes 3 minutes.
calcium test takes approx. 5 minutes from start to finish color changes from light blue to no color.

All tests are acurrate and simple to use.
Tropic marin has a protien test as well this sounds like a good thing as it may help possibly control algae.
All there tests are reasonably priced with calcium being most expensive selling for 45 dollars Canadian.
I also use BIO CALCIUM and there salt as well with great results.

swissgaurd

A

Anonymous

I use their Alk test kit and I must say it is the best and simplest I have used. I am going to use their test kits for pH, nitrates and calcium very soon. Their test kits are among the best.

A

Anonymous

I received their nitrite/nitrate kit today and tested my water. The reason I asked in the first place was because my Aquamarine nitrate test became highly suspect when the little pad that you dip went brown and not matching any of the colors on the scale. This made me nervous because just a week ago it read nearly zero or barely a color at all. With the Tropic Marine I was put at ease beacuse it read the same thing before the Aquamarine went bad, barely a trace of color, so less than I'd say 2ppm. The Aquamarine kit was dated Feb, 2001, so it appears it went bad before it's time. Also the Tropic Marine kit is dated which I was glad to see even though this experiance teaches me not even to trust dated kits.

I like the Tropic Marine kit it's easy and appears accurate, at least for nitrates. Going to get their ammonia one next.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: