tenshi

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deer Reefers:

Just ran into a site that makes custom glass aquariums. www.glasscages.com I'm wondering if anyone has had any exprerience working with these people, good or bad. They seem to be located in Nashville, Tennesse. Any input on these people would greatly appreciated. They seem to have some good prices?

Tenshi

valkrdr

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i too am looking for input good or bad about this company . am very close to ordering a 180 gal. from them , but decided to seek some input first. the only thing that gives me pause is the low prices. ......350.00 for a 180? seems too good to be true ! what is the catch or is there one?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their low prices certainly raised my eye.

I am curious about this company as well.

Louey

valkrdr

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know i usually dont visit this forum very often and the reason is that there is so little activity when someone posts a question. on reef central , where i usually go the activity and responce level is two to three times as good. on here you can see where many people look at the post , but rarely respond.

Fozza

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I read as many posts as I can, questions and what not, but don't know the answer, so I don't reply.

Maybe alot of people are like that, hence the reason no reply but alot of views?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It says to me that no one here has any experience with this particular manufacturer.

Louey

tenshi

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'll soon have an experience with them since I'll be placing an order in Mid-October with them. I'll certainly have an opinion then and I'll make sure to post it here. Actually on another thread I started, someone had something to say. Let me go look for that thread . . . . . . .

HERE IT IS!

jusreefin bought one with low iron glass and he makes a comment about the quality!

Joey French

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have purchased a 180 gallon aquarium from these guys. Got exactly what I wanted, good price, it is obvious they do it quick, but the tank is sturdy as can be, and heavily reinforced. I would deal with them again, but beware: You will have to clean up some silicone spots with a razor blade. For the price thay cannot be beat.

tenshi

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went and picked up'd the tank I ordered from glasscages last weekend. I ended up ordering a standard 180 and not getting the low-iron glass. I went with a standard 180 instead of the previous deminsions mentioned in this thread because of the size of my doors. They are only 32 inches wide and that would have made it difficult to bring in the cabinet I want to make.

If I was to rate the overall experience with Glasscages.com I would have to give them a 7.5 out of ten. If I just rated the tank I'd rate it a solid 9 out of 10. It's built very well. The silicone is clean and smooth where it counts. I might get a razor and clean a couple of areas that really don't count, but the fact is that I'm extremely picky about dumb things. The plastic trim on the top and bottom is not as nice as some would wish. It doesn't matter to me. So I would order again because I know the construction is solid and the price is damn good. Word of warning though never question how well they build these things cause they'll just tell you to go buy somewhere else.

I'm going to post a couple of pics tonight so you all can see.

picasso trigger

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I needed a 28" x 24" x 14" acrylic sump for an odd shaped tank that I am setting up. I called glasscages and ordered it on a Monday, it arrived at my door Thursday. It was exactly what I ordered (made to order) and cost $45 plus about $16 shipping. I could not buy the acrylic at Home Depot to make the thing myself for $45. I did buy some acylic sheet and installed my own baffle system. I'm confident that you will not find anyone that will beat their price or turnaround time for sumps. The fit and finish is not in the league of a SeaClear or PM etc. but the price is not in Seaclear's league either. They do build them like tanks, very solid and heavily reinforced. The guy I talked to was nice enough as well.

I will buy from them again.

tenshi

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered late one Friday and received a 48x18x17 acrylic tank/sump from them 10 days later. Like picasso trigger said, the build is not as pretty as others but the strength is certainly there. It wouldn't suffice as a display tank, but as a custom sump there's no better price. I had them put in my baffles for me. I drew out what I wanted with demensions and faxed it to them and they got it right on the money. I would use them again to build a custom acrylic sump again.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: