mickey57

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...I uncovered this while researching a a pool sand filter I happen to aquire :) I was going to use the pressurizeable tank for a calcium reactor and the pump for a spa,but I think I might use this media in it for a couple of hours a day and see what happens?It would always be submergerged so no worry about killing and releasing bacteria into the tank,,,,,,I think???????What do you guys think.
.....Product Name: Zeobest Sand Alternative (50 lb bag)
Model Number: NA5102

Category: Filters

Manufacturer: Blue Wave

Description:

The Superior Alternative to SAND - for better filtration & water quality!

Start using Zeobest instead of sand in your sand filter. Using 100% natural Zeobest minerals, Zeobest provides excellent water clarity, purity, and quality. Zeobest has nearly 9800 times more square footage than sand, enabling it to filter small particles down to 3 microns for exceptional water clarity - that's 10 times smaller than sand! This amazing filtering media also removes the ammonia produced from dead organic material in the water, reducing eye irritation and odor. Plus, it cuts down on chemical demand - saving you money on chemicals!Zeobest is easier to use then sand. You will only need one pound of Zeobest for every two pounds of sand your filter requires - 1/2 the effort! Since Zeobest has a greater capacity for particulates than sand; backwashing will be much less frequent. Comes in a 25 lb. bag.

How can you go wrong? Turn your sand filter into a super filter with Zeobest!

Attachments

• zeobestna510.gif
    zeobestna510.gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 5,752
  • sand-filter-and-pump2.jpg
    sand-filter-and-pump2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 5,753

wade1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you have is typical Zeolite that you find in use in freshwater aquariums. It probides more surface area for biological filtration, but does not do any filtration natively (on its own).

I would not recommend it for a reef system, as it would be the same as adding a biofilter to the tank (bioballs, filter pads, etc).

Carbon functions more like a skimmer... it chemically bonds to organic compounds in the water, more or less permanently binding them up and taking them out of the system. That is why carbon needs to be replaced every 2-6 weeks.

Wade

mickey57

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
....Thanks Wade,
......I with I had read your post first.I swear I just ordered two 50# bags.I did get the shipping free though 8O I guess I will start breeding discus again :lol:
.....................Mickey................

wade1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doh! Guess I was too slow in answering!

On a positive note, I bet you can make some local freshwater people happy and offer it to them with a very mild markup! :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: