32Bit_Fish

I'm looking to buy a HOB protein skimmer for my 38G tank.
What would recommend among these three skimmers?
CPR Aeroforce, AquaC Remora and an Octopus (not sure what model is the best one).
I appreciate any inputs.

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Go with the CPR aeroforce, you wont be disappointed. Ive had all 3 and the best is the aeroforce. You can pick one up from Jim/ Russ/ saltwatercritters.com

32Bit_Fish

Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Go with the CPR aeroforce, you wont be disappointed. Ive had all 3 and the best is the aeroforce. You can pick one up from Jim/ Russ/ saltwatercritters.com

Thanks Euroreefer.

What do u think about the Warner Marine H1? It seems they hid the powerhead inside of the skimmer. It looks pretty neat.

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
I have an Aqua C pro HOB, same as regular but larger. If you go that route, I would get the biggest pump size for the model with the drain. The drain is a great feature, that is used, so you don't overflow the cup, and it drains into a container. In addition, this HOB is nice, because you don't have to worry about water height, if you don't have a sump. Plus Aqua C tech support is the best.

As you will see, some people love these HOBs and others hate them. I have tried others and like this one for the features mentioned above.

Just remember, that in sump skimmers are much better.

Hope this helps.

32Bit_Fish

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
For 38 gallons the aeroforce will work nice. I have it on my 40 breeder and its constantly foaming up.

I have so many small tiny air bubbles floating at the water surface. Hopefully the skimmer can break the water surface better and eliminate the bubbles.

fernandokng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
There are better skimmers out there than the remora. And unless you want the constant sound of an airplane in your living room, I'd stay away from it. That thing is loud, finicky, and not to sightly. The customer service is great, but the performance is not. For those who think remora work well, switch out of it to something else, and you'll see how other needlewheel skimmers work even better. (trust me from experience)

I wouldn't go with CPR either. I'd go with the Warner Marine. Better service, and if you upgrade, you can use it as well.

Do a google search for your reviews, and there's tons of information out there on these skimmers.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: