tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
im really liking the
Super Reef Octopus 6000SSS Internal Protein Skimmer, this skimmer has a bubble blaster 5000 pump set inside the bottem of the actual skimmer saving some decent space.

or the
SWC Xtreme Cone Protein Skimmer 250 1A with the askoll 1500, about 300 bucks more, and pump sits outside the skimmer like a normal skimmer usually has

or the
Super Reef Octopus XP-5000 Internal Protein Skimmer has the same pump as the other reef octo i mentioned above, but the pump sits outside the skimmer aswell. about 100 bucks more then the the first skimmer.

OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Not familar with thoose, but hope this helps. Look for a post named Skimmer Thread. The ones you lised might be on there with the users pro's and con's about the skimmer. Good Luck.

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
i have the SWC 250 1A and it is a monster skimmer, i do not have any experience with the Reef Octopuss but have read good reviews on them.

Tarazed

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Skimmer

I have an SWC 300A on a 220 with the askoll 1500. Its been running for a few weeks now. So far so good. Its nice and quiet too.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have the super reef octopus 5000 internal on my 250g and I am very impressed. It skims some nasty stuff as wet or dry as you want it. Easy to adjust, thick white foam, under $500.

These are all large skimmers, I guess you have a big tank?
Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
No it's the regular internal 5000. I went for the regular because I had the room and ease of maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: