• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

olivier

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
DSC_1272.jpg

DSC_1460.jpg

Great fish, great seller
Olivier

olivier

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
guys,
this is the last time i see my jawfish nor photographing him. I found him just 10 mins ago that he was dead on the back of my stand. i have a 1/2" mesh to cover my tank and still he airbone right throught. I currently working on 1/4" mesh. this week is a week of jinx. my mcorsker flasher wrasse airbone earlier in the week and I start working on my 1/4" mesh but still not fast enough to prevent another tragedy :( I am so sad and sorrow and p!$$ right now.

Olivier

chanman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
its their persistency in jumping, they dont swim back down and charge up, they continously jump like sprinting. Eventually they can FIND an opening of a mesh lid cause of their persistence.

sorry for your loss! glass top it, dont try mesh again.

olivier

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
its their persistency in jumping, they dont swim back down and charge up, they continously jump like sprinting. Eventually they can FIND an opening of a mesh lid cause of their persistence.

sorry for your loss! glass top it, dont try mesh again.

I do not see it jump during day time. i mean , i sat there and watch for hours but at night .. god how can it be ? i wonder how many time he try in order to get out of the hole.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
i was just on the computer and heard flapping on the floor, mine just got out of 1/4" mesh.... there was a small tear inbetween two of boxes from me moving the cover and he got out of it. hes back in the tank but is breathing rapidly. GLASS TOP IT.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
it's really odd, that for so many that I sold, they didn't jump in my holding tanks. But once they get to the customer's home, some would call me and said their fish jumped. I did not have a cover except a 2.5" and 3" euro brace. I am so lucky.

However, when I acclimate them some do like to sprint, so I cover the first bucket and put that in another bigger bucket filled with some water to make sure even in case they jump thru the first cover, they would survive for a while when I am back.

Salty Dog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
I ve lost 6 of those blue's due to jumping, even when I closed the canopy. Im still very urged to try more but nervous. Id rather not see another fish dye for no reason. To cover my tank with a class top would just mean so much more time for maitenace in cleaning the class , removing the glass to do work in the tank ect

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: