madhouse

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
My friend recently bought a bicolor angel about 3 days ago.... he is still not eating.. we tried feeding him formula 1 flakes, formula 2 flakes, then mysis shrimp and nothing youll see him pick at the live rock but thats about it... any help guys..?
also my CBB is still not eating.. i tried feeding the same things and nothing he jus swims back and forth not eating...

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Try live brine shrimp. Many Petland Discounts have them in stock. The 2 fish you mentioned are notorious difficult eaters. Good luck.

Dean

p.s. What were the 2 fish eating when you bought them? And from where?

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Did you actually see him eating or the guy told you he was eating? You really need to see these pygmy angel eat before you buy them and eating Mysis just isn't enough. You need to see them eating other food like Formular I or II, Angel Formular or a Marine flake type food.

Most of the Pygmy angels don't have long life spans in the home aquarium. Outside of the Flame angel you're lucky if you get 1 - 5 years with it being a lot closer to 1 year or less.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: