Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm having issues with my RF ATO. I'm not sure if its the float or something else. But lately I've been waking up in the morning to find the sump area of my Solana completely filled. The float switch doesn't seem to be stuck, so I'm not really sure whats wrong with it. Any ideas?

rcharliesam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Solana 34? Possibly snails blocking the overflow at night, the water level in the back drops as the return pump keeps pumping out water, ato keeps pumping in new water and the snail finally moves therefore allowing water to go back in to the return chambers, the extra water added by the ato is why the level ends up being so high.

I have a tunze ato on my solana and many nights I have been woken up by the alarm on it from that exact scenario.

rcharliesam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Yeah, I use the foam and a stevie t foam holder to prevent the waterfall noise. Regardless, with or without the foam, if it is the snails causing the problem, it will continue to happen.

I have never had it fill too much where water spilled out, so chances of that happening are slim.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: