TRUKINGNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
So ill be moving in the next 2 weeks and wanna make the move as smooth as possible only problem is i have aiptasia on a bunch of my rock and since ill have the rock out i wanna try and make it aiptasia FREE.. So question is can i set up a large cooler like the one below for 2 days with the fish OR just set up the tank with NO rock?... ALSO what will be the best way to make the rock aiptasia free FAST?

Affordable Aquatic

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Dont kill the rock. An easy and cheap way to rid the rock of aiptasia is to locate the aiptasia while the rock is under water, take the rock out of the water and hit each spot of aiptasia with a short blast from a propane torch. It will kill the anemone, leaving the rest of the rock undamaged. The amount of die off you will cause with the torch is insignificant and will generally not cause a new cycle. Just dont burn the house down. I use one of the Bernzomatic torches with the push button, self-igniting head.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bernzoma...iting-Torch-Kit-330879/203368720?N=5yc1vZbqoo

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: