Hammer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, to add a point to this, would it be ok (seems like it would), to put most soft corals in this tank? I would think that 130 watts of PC lighting should be enough for most soft corals. And it might allow me to do some more isolated propogation of softies.

I guess the better question is, with these lights, besides SPS and clams, what CANNOT be in this tank?

Hammer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29 gallon refugium that I have had running for almost a month now. I have one LOA 65 fixture above the tank. And have been thinking of adding a second light.

My question, what could I realistically grow with these lights? I have a sprig of feather caleupra that is starting to take off, and some little button polyps seem to like the light. I will also be keeping some mangroves in this tank as well.

So what else would be a good choice for the refugium that can thrive under these lights? My goal is to have it as a good algea scrubber refgium with no other sump, and minimal skimming (if any at all if I can help it).

Hammer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, forgot to add. It has a 2" sand bed now, but should have a 4" DSB or maybe a little more in the next day or two, and it will have odds and ends of small live rock pieces. All the pieces of rock I get that I don't want in my main tank.

Hammer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen the pictures of your refugium before, and they are what inspired me to use the LOA's of this tank.
Nice looking setup.
I just got a new bunch of grape(racemosa) and feather caulepra, and some halimeda.
I have some different button polyps and some mushrooms in the tank so far.
Everything looks happy so far, and I should see some growth in the very near future.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: