caino

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a problem with my rock beauty. I've had him for several months with no new additions to my tank. water quatity is stable with no changes. All nondect. ph 8.0 the fish had some white Patches on his sides(not ich) I had this happen only once before in my early days. At that time the fish died and I never figured out the problem. all other fish appear health and eating. I feed a varity of foods including nori. Any ideas would be helpful. The patches are flat and the fish is not scratching are acting unusal in any way. When examining the fish that died several years ago, the patches just slid off with the touch of my finger.

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: caino ]

jwtrojan44

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem with my rock beauty shortly before it died. I had this fish for close to a year and it was doing very well;ate like a pig, survived the addition of sand substrate(he stayed in the tank while sand was added!) I knew these fish were risky when I purchased it, but gave it a go and thought I had a good one. RB's are fish that in spite of how well they seem to do and how well our tanks are set up (water quality, etc.) they can just suddenly take a nose dive. Mine developed a white film one day and was dead the next morning. All other fish were o.k., and the RB showed no signs of distress until it took ill. Beautiful fish, but knowing what I know now, I won't get another one. IMO they should be left in the wild given their survival rate. JWT

caino

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought that I might bump this up and see I anyone had any other ideas. This fish that died in the past was a bicolor angel but that was more than a year ago. The rock beauty is still eating and showing no signs of stress. No scratching or anything like that. what do you think? thanks in advance.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: