• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

MontanaRocknReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone!! I know there are several factors that go into making a reef aquarium successful. But if you were asked to point toward one thing that has definately made your reef a great success what might that be? Of coarse, I will start this:
I have an 80 gallon reef aquarium and the one thing that has made my reef a success is keeping my hands out of the water as much as possible and leaving my corals alone once I have placed them so they will adjust to the current, lights and feeding if necessary.
Ok who would like to contribute to this! Johnny
icon_smile.gif

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before reading your post I was thinking the oppisite. Keeping my hands in the water and interceeding when there has been algea blooms, cleaning the tank and adjusting the levels of the water when the inhabitants call for it.

Success is a fickle thing, so far its been good. On the FW side my dead Brazilian puffer would not agree with my declaring success
icon_smile.gif

HARRISON

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am tied up between dedicated time or the pile of money...

Seriously, I would say it is dedication to working through all the things that come up. I think people call it "test and tweak". If something is not working the way I want I find a better way. If something isn't doing what I want I change it. I have redone many ideas in my new system and am still tweaking things to get them right. The tank so far though has been a great success in my book. I have had a few minor setbacks but I am happy with the outcome. It helps to be open to ideas and to learn all the time.

Pics of my new tank soon to come...

Henry1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me its PASSION.

This gives me the desire to learn and the willingness, sometime foolishness to pay!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_eek.gif

Cheers

64Ivy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta go with Minh Nguyen on that one. That and the desire to never stop learning...even if it means occasionally hearing something we don't want to hear.

Second is saltwater.
icon_biggrin.gif

tazdevil

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
praying to the she-goat!

Nahh, really, I should say devotion, and the desire to see the animals at their top health. Moving very slow with any additions really helps too!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Scott D Passe

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Two things, experience and patience.

But after 20 years of SW, I am rather sold on my current “low tech” approach.

Regards,

Scott Passe

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chucker is going to give you just what you need for saying that..............................................................................................................{squat}{squat}
icon_biggrin.gif

slojmn1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to ditto the passion response. It seems that dedication is right up there with knowledge. Oooops that would be three things
icon_biggrin.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: