jason2354

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have white oval dots approx. 1 centimeter. The are flat and stick to the glass & rock. I believe they came in from a stalk on a trumpet coral. They are now multiplying. Please help with identifying and/or eradicating.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jason, we will need a little more detail. What shape are these? Do they move? Is there any other distinguishing characteristics (e.g. tentacles, stalks, etc.)?

Ideas that come to mind are hydroids, coralline algae, some species of gastrpods, or perhaps flatworms.

jason2354

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are like oval/circular shape. I haven't seen them move but, I'm finding them in other parts of the tank. I believe it was started from a stalk from a trumpet coral. I bought it really cheap and the water quality at the new store wasn't great. I think... No tentacles or stalks. Is there anywhere I could see a picture of this and email it to you? Thanks for all the help!

Jason

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason, you can upload pictures here for all to view. Add any jpg as an attachment and it will appear. Do you know if they are hard or soft bodied?

My current suspecion is that you have little limpets. Chances are, whatever you have is not harmful.

jason2354

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at the picture. There is a white spot on the hermit crab. what is it?

Attachments

• white spot.ppt
    231.5 KB · Views: 177

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are limpets. There are many species, and yours is probably a herbivore. I wouldn't worry about them, but if you really want to get rid of them, some wrasses like sixlines have been known to eat them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: