Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
With Manhattan Aquariums now closed, I do not have an LFS I can trust anymore. So when it comes to repopulating my new tank, I have to more or less rely on online stores. (Pacific Aquariums fish have never impressed me, and Petco Union Square, while cleaner than before... well it depends on your luck)

Previously I have ordered from Bluezooaqua, Biota, and Liveaquaria.

I read that LiveAquaria has become pretty bad in recent years (on top of being very expensive). Biota is obviously limited in what you can get from them (since they are captive bred).

So, does anyone have recommendations for online locations?

And no, I cannot go to stores in the Bronx: I live in Manhattan and as such, a car is not something I have. Unless there is something workable within a reasonable amount of time in public transportation.

shinylights

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I hear,
good customer service and yes their prices r high but they should All eat frozen snd be healthy on arrival.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Try Reefs4Less. They're pretty good, but like Saltwaterfish.com and LA, most of their fish are dropped shipped for CA.

Another place in CA is Aquarium fish Depot. They have more freshwater but can and do get in a lot of saltwaterfish.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I have, they do have some nice fish, though they're limited in what they have, as they catch the fish themselves, which is in and around the Florida area. The only thing you need to worry about is they're coming straight out of the ocean, so you should QT before placing them into your tank.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: