• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

romain

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Last night I introduced a LTA into my tank after 3h drip acclimation. He seemed OK but kept moving along the rockwork. I went to bed at around 2am and this morning when I wake up, I could not find him!

I once again checked almost all of rocks, but still, he is nowhere to be found. Can he be melted away in one single night? Any other possibilities?

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Naww....
He's probably hiding in the darkest, lonliest place in your rockwork. I lost one for 3 days till it finally came out when it was acclimated. Just give it a couple of days, They don't melt, but they might suck up into a small ball until they're ready. Makes them really hard to spot.

ulmo

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
It couldn't have melted over night. Probably in the most unlikely spot in the live rock. Just give it some time. I had a bubble-tipped anemone that was missing for 4 days and then mysteriously reappeared.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Romain ,dont worry yet ,,Anemones tend to hide for a bi ,then pop up ,,as big as you get them ,they could shrivle up into nothing and hide in the smallest of places ,give it a day or 2 and make sure you dont have powerheads that the Anemone can get stuck on ,

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
DW, it's been missing 10 days! Without light, that anemone has probably started bleaching or worse. I'd begin testing for ammonia & nitrites.

Dean

Last edited:

romain

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Any chance for a condy after 10 days? I just realize he might be a condy...... Sorry for the misleading, Dean. What's the difference between Condy and LTA?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: