KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Hi Matt, nice to have you here. You sound like a really smart fellow and I'm sure you will have a lovely tank without any advice from us! ;)

Last edited:

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I think it has probably been about a year since i was last on the board. I had gone away on vacation last March for a little over a week and I returned to a disaster. All of my coral had died as well as a few fish. There was no apparent cause, such as a dead pump overly high or low temps etc etc. etc.

I was fairly despondent over it and that combined with a number of personal/family issues, I decided to take a slight break from the hobby (It really wasn't a conscious decision, it's just kind of what happened)

I have been running the tank as a FOWLR for the last year. It has saved from dealing with they myriad of problems and fanatical upkeep that the SPS tank required.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
It's amazing how quickly time flies, before I knew it a year had passed. That's what happens when your busy.

I have pretty much let my tank run on autopilot for the past year. I did the occasional water change, fed the fish on a regular basis (what was left of them post disaster). About 4 months ago I added a couple hundred pounds of sand and seeded it with some live sand and added six chromis three weeks ago.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: