Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I think something is killing some of my zoos, but I'm not sure what it is. Looks like some kind of white mold/slime. Anyone know what it is, and if so, how I get rid of it while I still have some pink zoos left?

317312907_a388c02f06_o.jpg

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I am not sure if the slim or white mold thing is eating your zoa, I rather think they are the by-products when zoo die. I would suspect you may have a zoo eating crab or such in your tank. Try to peek at the zoo at night to see if you find something moving around it. I had a crab (it must have become my most expensive collection by now for what he has eaten)that eat my zoo and now my sps too. I will post pic of it for you to compare later.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
194   0   0
How about an iodine dip? Hopefully that helps. Just make sure it's diluted. I have a very tiny crab that i see at night on my zoos rock. It is super tiny. I want to see if i can get a pic of it. I am not sure if this is a bad crab for the zoos. Who knows.

joseney21

FDNY MEDIC
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
that looks like a sponge, i'm not sure if leaving the sponge exposed to air for a few minutes will kill it off but it definately wouldnt hurt the zoos. if that doesnt work or if you choose to dip instead it looks like it would be easy enough. the sponge is only on the tip of the rock so i'd only dip that end

RareZ

Azad
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Same here, looks like a sponge, I lost a tiny little rubble (which had 3 zoo's on it) same way.. the powerhead blew it away closer to a lr which has sponge in a shaded area.. and it captured the zoos rubble and grew on top of it.. everyday the zoo's would open less and less.. until it was covered and died..

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Thanks guys - definitely a sponge. I took it straight out of the water, and it sort of melted off. I gently toothbrushed some of the sludge off of them, and hopefully they will make a full recovery. Enough of them were untouched and I hope they'll just spread back over that area.

cooksalot

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am not sure if the slim or white mold thing is eating your zoa, I rather think they are the by-products when zoo die. I would suspect you may have a zoo eating crab or such in your tank. Try to peek at the zoo at night to see if you find something moving around it. I had a crab (it must have become my most expensive collection by now for what he has eaten)that eat my zoo and now my sps too. I will post pic of it for you to compare later.

what kind of crab was eating your zoo? was it just a hitchhiker or something you added? i would love to eventually add a zoo, so i want to make sure when i add my crabs for my CUC i don't add an incompatible one.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: