Attachments

• Unknokwn.jpg
    Unknokwn.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

zaza

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
How big is it? If it's around 1 cm and does not come from Philipines, I would say Corynactis.

Aptasia does not have the knob.

I would like to trade if you have some extra.

It is about 1cm, and seems to grow fast.
I believe I got it with some LR I got recently from Masterswimmer.

I think I have extra in the tank, but I can't tell yet they look like little red/orange dots on the rock.
It has a big appetite, can eat an entire brine shrimp!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Here's a colony of these guys. I have bigger ones that have a pearlescent body and extend two inches at night. I've noticed that they grow best in low light areas of the tank due to there tentacles being out more often to filter feed.

Last edited:

zaza

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Thanks for the pics dacrystal! they are much better than the one I took and I can see the similarity between mine and yours.

Mine has a red/pink foot. they are always open, and can grab any type of food, including an entire mysys! consider the bigest one i have is 1/4 on an inc!
I will keep an eye on them and see what it turns out to be, so far I can see 6-8 of them, but they are really small.

The picture I took doesn't do it justice, they are really beautiful!

This is a pic of one of the smallest one when the tentacles are retracted after grabbing food:

Attachments

• Unknokwn2.jpg
    Unknokwn2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 181
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
It's not Aiptasia. I forget the name of them off hand but they are in the "mushroom" group. They are definitely in one of Julian Sprungs books if you need info on it. I think he has them in the inverts book with the yellow cover. I'll check the borneman book I think he has them too I'll try and scan in a pic tomorrow.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
http://www.pbase.com/imagine/image/47458021

http://www.uwphoto.net/pages/gallery_ci00-213.html

These are good links to see what the adults look like at night. This is obviously captured by a professional camera man with one sick camera. But you can see the pearlescent colors of the body (foot?). I have at least forty of these guys in my tank and all the tentacles are clear with the white ball. But the bodies (foot?) have some really nice pearl colored morphs.

I never knew what they were. The adults look like funky ricordia in my opinion. But mine have to be the white Ball Corallimorph. Thanks for the info everyone.

zaza

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Thanks to all for the inputs :)

All the pictures I saw resemble mine, but no one yet looks exactly like mine, and there are so many species out there!!

I am sure it belongs to the corallimorphidae family.
Looking at those pictures, I discovered more similarities between my anemone and the club tipped anemone, than with the orange ball.

I am so excited to see if it will grow into a pretty colony :)

zaza

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The fact is that I am confused...when I look at the tentacles tips, they are different colors, pink, orange and white! both the pictures I posted they look different. They all have in common the foot that is orange/reddish color.
I guess time will tell...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: