cooksalot

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i noticed this on my LR when i first got it. at first it was just smooth and flat, then the little tips started to come out, and today i noticed little flowy ends to the tips. they completely retract at night and then come out with the light. i know these aren't the best pics, but can anyone ID it?

IMG_8435.jpg

IMG_8434.jpg

thanks!

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
looks like a toadstool.
Me too, :) .

AWESOME. I love those kinda "hitchhikers"!

The turquoise xenia on the left in this pic was a hitchhiker for me, :D . It has become one of my favorite corals. It is truly rare, in that few reefers (if any) would have this in their tank.
bluexenia.jpg

cooksalot

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Me too, :) .

AWESOME. I love those kinda "hitchhikers"!

The turquoise xenia on the left in this pic was a hitchhiker for me, :D . It has become one of my favorite corals. It is truly rare, in that few reefers (if any) would have this in their tank.
bluexenia.jpg

very cool hitchiker...did it start out very small? i'm wondering if mine will be able to grow into something substantial.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
very cool hitchiker...did it start out very small? i'm wondering if mine will be able to grow into something substantial.
It was so small that if you didn't look closely you would have missed it. Maybe the size of one polyp or less. But the way the little spot glowed in the light made me realize it was something other than my imagination. It took alot of TLC to bring it to where it is in the pic, but this is what make the hobby so FUN for me, :D .

deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
It was so small that if you didn't look closely you would have missed it. Maybe the size of one polyp or less. But the way the little spot glowed in the light made me realize it was something other than my imagination. It took alot of TLC to bring it to where it is in the pic, but this is what make the hobby so FUN for me, :D .
hitchhikers are the best.i mean even even if its a bad one there is some type excitment to it until it starts to destroy everything :banghead: then that lil fuzzy cute crab isnt so cute anymore:grumpy: then death s the only thing on your mind:skull: .lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: