dmd11

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You all know the real problem with the industry...the industry. Funny how everyone goes on and on about the need to clean things up so that it has a sustainable future. But, behind the scenes none of you "industry" people really want anything done publicly, or in any way that could possible give the opposition to your industry any ammo. Hey, let's get a really nice article in a popular magazine citing the issues with the industry and outing the offenders...then we can really start addressing some issues...(just so long as no one hears about it that may use it as ammo against us). All your talk about reform is just wind blow up each others tail pipes.

You are all going to eventually go quietly into the night unless you aggressively pursue reforms and start publicly policing yourselves. Funny how everyone knows what happened to Craig Lightner, including that there were other industry members involved. Some of them prominent names along 104th including one that, according to Craig himself before the Clarions were even collected, bank rolled the trip and importation efforts.

PeterIMA

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there are a lot of problems affecting the marine aquarium trade. The illegal trade in Clarions is rather low on the list of priorities (in my opinion).

Peter Rubec

bookfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dmd1":1id78ox7 said:
You all know the real problem with the industry...the industry. Funny how everyone goes on and on about the need to clean things up so that it has a sustainable future. But, behind the scenes none of you "industry" people really want anything done publicly, or in any way that could possible give the opposition to your industry any ammo. Hey, let's get a really nice article in a popular magazine citing the issues with the industry and outing the offenders...then we can really start addressing some issues...(just so long as no one hears about it that may use it as ammo against us). All your talk about reform is just wind blow up each others tail pipes.

You are all going to eventually go quietly into the night unless you aggressively pursue reforms and start publicly policing yourselves. Funny how everyone knows what happened to Craig Lightner, including that there were other industry members involved. Some of them prominent names along 104th including one that, according to Craig himself before the Clarions were even collected, bank rolled the trip and importation efforts.
That's an awfully broad brush you're using there. I personally own and run a 100% captive bred/ captive propagated marine retailer and put out a free reef magazine with a 42k copy quarterly circulation. We're not shy about pointing to problems in our hobby and industry and you're welcome to submit whatever you'd like me to consider for publication.
[email protected]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: